Once upon a time, a little girl dreamed of becoming a professional cheerleader. She grew up, married a handsome prince and had two beautiful children. After fulfilling her first dream of becoming a wife and mother, she decided to pursue her long lost dream of becoming that bubbly, charismatic pro-cheerleader. She trained hard for 9 months, kept her eye on the prize and what do you know?! She became a HOUSTON TEXANS CHEERLEADER!!!
If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I thought I had a shot at becoming an NFL cheerleader, I would have laughed and carried on with my life! It wasn't until after being a wife and stay-at-home-mom that I decided to take a leap of faith and give my forgotten dream a chance. I realized that I wanted to be able to leave my kids with the legacy of going for your dreams, never giving up and working hard. So here I am...wife...mother of TWO...29 years old...and an NFL cheerleader! It's never too late to go for your dreams. Set goals and go for them. You never know where your hard work may lead you...
I want to give a special thanks to my loving and extremely supportive husband, Pooh Bear! :-) Thank you for being my rock and motivation throughout the entire tryout process. Thank you for letting me live my dream and for being an amazing husband and daddy!! I love you. Thank you also to all of our family members who have picked up extra babysitting shifts due to my rigorous practice and appearance schedule!! You have NO idea how I truly appreciate you! You know who you are...grandparents!!! ;-) Thank you, thank you. Love you guys. And to my inspiration...my kids...mommy might be a little bit busier than normal this upcoming year but no matter what I love you and I hope that I make you proud.
My inspiration.
A few pics from my tryout shoot, thank you Marsais Photographie and Las Velas
Morning of Tryouts, Day 1...about to encounter over 1000 other candidates!
After 3 rounds plus finals, here we are awaiting the results

George Bush Senior handed me my rose!
I did it! Holding my first set of poms.
GO TEXANS!!!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment